Infrared thermography is used to detect thermal failures in a building, solar panels, high-voltage power lines or any other structure that can create or contain heat. To save energy and protect the environment, infrared thermography conducted by UAV is particularly effective for covering large surface areas quickly and accessing places that are difficult to reach.
Infrared thermography training is aimed at UAV operators and remote pilots, as well as employees of design and consulting firms, surveyor and architect firms, building and public works companies, administrations and local authorities that use aerial images.
MORE ADDED VALUE
Flying a civilian UAV is great. Knowing how to use this to produce useful data is even better! The Infrared Thermography training that we offer provides you with a whole new range of possible prospects and potential customers.
To this end, TECHNI DRONE and Media Mesures CE/Optris have become partners to provide high-quality training and products to their customers.
From taking measurements to producing assessment reports, once you have completed this training you will be able to provide your customers with a comprehensive aerial infrared thermography service.
INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY TRAINING
4 days – 28 hours
Participant profile: Infrared thermography training is aimed at UAV operators and remote pilots, as well as employees of design and consulting firms, surveyor and architect firms, building and public works companies, administrations and local authorities that want to be able to carry out energy reviews.
This training is limited to four trainees per session. A fully-equipped PC is provided to every trainee. A thermographic trainer leads this module.
The Infrared Thermography training is organised as follows:
Day 1: Introduction to thermography
- Theory: Introduction to thermal science concepts and terminology.
- Theory: Physics and thermal radiation. Heat transfers
- Theory: The measurement reading environment
Day 2: Processing and introduction to capturing data sets
- Theory: Liabilities and standards
- Theory: The method of examining and taking measurements by UAV.
- Practical: Introduction to infrared equipment and the UAV, and implementation
- Practical: Reading a thermogram
Day 3: Practical example – Conducting a flight and taking measurements
- Practical: Preparation of a capture assignment based on a customer’s specifications
- Practical: Execution of the assignment to capture data externally
- Practical: Exercises on OPTRIS PI450 camera and its PI Connect software
Day 4: Specific case – Producing the report
- Practical: Analysing and processing the data set captured by the trainee
- Practical: Study and production of the assessment report
Times: each training day runs from 9 am to 12 pm and 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
Price: €1,658 ex. tax
See the training schedule below.